Having presented on the ‘Essential Elements of Website Success‘ in the Grassroots Website Boot Camp I thought it would be useful to share my top 7 tips for those who haven’t seen the webinar.
My top tips of website success are things you can do yourself – you don’t necessarily need big budgets or a web designer to do these things.
If you want to read more about planning and marketing a website, check out this article on How to Plan a Website Like You’ve Done It Before which links to loads of articles on relevant topics.
You’re also welcome to leave a comment at the end of this article and we can discuss it further.
- Set a goal for your website – this will help you determine if your website is working for your business.
- Focus on a website outcome – what do you want visitors to do (call, email, download, signup)? Your website should constantly lead your visitors towards that action
- Know your audience – the more you understand them the more you can engage them on their level, which leads to more conversions!
- Use engaging content that is clear and easy to read, and remember your Call To Actions
- Use design to draw attention to the important parts of your website – like the buy button, or the contact link
- Market your website, don’t just expect people to come. Promote your URL, do some SEO, advertise, network and get involved in social media
- Use visitor tracking software like Google Analytics to get an insight into how people are using your website (and where they’re coming from).
There’s nothing like experience when it comes to running a successful website. What advice would you give to others that you have learned along the way?