The road to website success is paved by content sharing.
Even if you’ve only scratched the surface of all the information that’s available about creating a new website, you’ll know there are a lot of options to choose from, depending upon what the purpose of your website is.
Whatever the purpose, pretty much everyone wants their website to be found by the maximum number of people.
Here are three reasons why a having a blog will make it easy for you to increase your web traffic.
1. Blogs make it easy to add new content.
Benefits of regularly adding new content to your website:
- Repeat Visitors – New content gives both humans and search engines a reason to come back frequently
- More Keywords – Each new page can include a targeted set of keywords, creating new opportunities for your website to appear in search engine results when people search on those keywords
- More Opportunities for Inbound Links – Inbound links are very important for improving your search engine ranking. Each piece of content that you create can be linked to by other website owners, giving them more options for linking to your website.
2. Blogs make it easy for website visitors to interact with you.
By allowing comments on your blog posts you can receive real time feedback on what you’re writing about, engage in discussions and build relationships with your target audience.
The Grassroots team loves comments on our blog articles! If you’ve never “commented” before, give it a go. Share your great reasons for having a blog, or the reasons why you’d prefer not to have one. By including a link to your website in your comment, you’re helping your own online marketing 🙂
3. It’s easy to share new content from a blog
When you go to the effort of regularly creating new content, you want to get maximum possible value by sharing it far and wide.
Blogs make it easy to share your new content by using tools like:
- Feedburner and MailChimp to automatically share new articles with subscribers via email or RSS feed
- Tweet Meme to make it easy for people who liked your article to share it on Twitter
- Add This to share your content via Digg, StumbleUpon and all the other popular methods of web based sharing.
If you’re planning a new website, or updating an existing website, think about including a blog and committing some time to regularly writing and sharing new articles. You’ll quickly get a return for your efforts in terms of increased website traffic and engagement with your audience; which both expand your opportunities to sell your product or service, or achieve whatever it is you want your website to do!