For a small business the benefits of creating smart partnerships and joint ventures can be HUGE!
Here are some ideas for creating smart business partnerships that can increase visitors and sales beautifully.
1. Create Bundles: Choose partners who have complementary products and services. Create a bundle of your products and services and theirs and advertise the bundle to both company’s databases. Not only will it expand your offering but your new partner will be promoting your offerings for you when you are not around.
2. Get Referrals: Ask for referrals from other businesses, if they see that your business would be of value to their customers they may be happy to recommend you on their website, newsletter or in an email. To sweeten the deal offer them a commission on all sales generated through their referral.
3. Ask for Personal Messages: It is always better to have someone recommend you personally than to have your ad in their newsletter or website. If someone offers you an ad, ask if they would mind writing a quick review or recommendation to their database instead.
4. Give Something Good: Offer your product or services for another business to give to their database as a gift. This way you look good and they are happy to promote you. As their database comes to you to claim their gift, add them to your database and give them a sample of your wares.
5. Guest Blog: Many website owners are looking for content contributors on their website. If you are good at writing and can portray a topic that your business specialises in well, offer to write an article or guest blog for businesses that have the type of audience that you are looking for. You will start to establish yourself as an expert on the subject and (of course!) link back to your website from the article.
If you have more ideas on the benefits of business partnerships, please add them in the comments below. If you would like more information or help with creating partnerships email me.
Serena “Social Star”
PS Looking for more tips to expand your business? Here are 11 Top Tips for Building Credibility with Testimonials