The Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) landscape is always changing and 2013 is no exception. There are so many different factors that impact how much organic traffic you get from search engines that it can be hard to keep up with what you need to know.
This week Smart Company published an article on The new age of SEO – How and why your strategy must change. I thought the information it covered was so valuable that I’m sharing a link to it here on our blog.
The article covers which areas of online marketing you should focus on to make the biggest impact on the amount of web traffic that your website gets from Google.
Key points covered include:
- “Setting up your Google + page should be a top priority”
- “Twitter is the other platform which will play a big part in your ranking”
- “The more your articles are shared across social platforms, the higher they’ll show up in rankings”
- “….you need to start commenting on other blogs as well”
- “Everything people did to drive shonky traffic, Google has done a good job of shutting that down”.
Grab a cuppa when you’re ready to have a break and read the full article.
My big take-aways are that new original content is more important than ever before, as is getting that content shared across social media and building your authority as a content creator.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net