Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool provided by Google. If you’re serious about getting results from your website you should have this, or another web analytics tool installed.
Once you have Google Analytics set up and working, and you’re ready to learn more about the data that’s available, here are three places you can find free online training.
March 2014 Update!
I’ve recently launched a Free Series of Google Analytics 101 videos.
And then read on to find out about the great information that Google makes available on their website, blog and YouTube channel.
1. The Google Analytics website
Google provides free online training for Google Analytics users.
- Go to the Google Analytics log in page at www.google.com/analytics
- Click on the navigation link called Learn, or you can go straight there with this link http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/index.html
- Follow the links to the Conversion University
- If you’d like to take your learning a step further there is also information about how to do the test and become a Google Analytics Qualified Individual.
2. The Google Analytics YouTube Channel
Peruse the videos on the Google Analytics YouTube Channel to find the ones that best meet your needs.
You can also search YouTube for specific videos on using Google Analytics that have been uploaded by others.
3. The Google Analytics Blog
Visit the Google Analytics blog and you can subscribe to the blog via RSS feed or follow them on Twitter to receive updates.
You can also read our master article on How to Use Google Analytics to Improve your Website A lot of the information we’ve published relates to the Old Version of Google Analytics but over the coming months I’ll provide information on how to use the features of the New Version.
If you have feedback on any of these free training resources, or have questions about Google Analytics, please leave a comment below and I’ll do my best to answer.