In my article on 5 Usability Updates your Website Visitors Will Love I mentioned incorporating video into your website to enhance your online marketing. Like everything web related, there is a lot to know about making videos for your website. This article will give you a great kick-start.
Once you’ve decided to incorporate online video in to your marketing, what are the next steps?
Before you create the video, ask these questions:
- What do you want to achieve by creating the video?
- Who is the video for?
- What do they want?
- What kind of video will you make?
Will you outsource the video production or DIY?
This decision will relate to what you want to achieve with the video and your existing skills or patience to learn about video creating and editing.
Some of the options for creating videos are:
- Working with a professional agency to outsource the scripting, production and editing of the video
- Creating your own “screen capture” style videos, where your voice is included along with images of a computer screen. For example I use this style of video regularly for sharing tips and tricks about using Google Analytics.
- Creating your own video style interviews. Read Serena’s top tips in How to Create Pro Video Interviews without Pro Video Gear.
Tips for presenting in online videos
Read articles by our Web Peep Abbe to discover what you need to know about presenting in online video:
2. Follow the 3 Simple Tips for Looking Like a Pro in Your Online Video:
3. Build your video performance skills and find out how to avoid the pasted on smile.
Keep it short, make it simple and include a Call to Action
If you’re going to the effort of making a video, you want people to watch it and you want to get results.
Read more of Abbe’s tips in 3 Key Elements of Online Videos that Get Results
Ready to make a high quality online video to promote your business?
If you know it’s time to cut-to-the-chase and include online video in your marketing, and you’re in Melbourne, Abbe runs courses in the Face2FaceIdentity video studio down in City Road, South Melbourne. It’s a two-night course that gives you expert video performance technique coaching and you get to take away your video to use on your website for just $590.
I attended Abbe’s recent course and as someone who was never comfortable appearing in videos, this training course made it really easy for me to create a marketing video that I love. As well as getting access to a camera man, lighting tech and professional equipment, having Abbe available to coach me on the script and how to appear natural and engaging while presenting made the experience an enjoyable and fun way to create a high quality video.