A review of our most popular articles from the past 12 months that you won’t want to miss, covering topics related to web copywriting, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, SEO, blogging and more.
I have just completed a total overhaul of my personal website, changing it from a freelancer-for-hire focus to a minimalist portfolio. Even though I’m a website designer, I chose a premium theme I’d never worked with before, and used it pretty much straight out-of-the-box, doing very few customisations to it.
Loading speed is critical to the success of your website. Your website should be loading in a matter of seconds. If it’s too slow to load, you will lose visitors who won’t wait around when they could be visiting faster pages! So, let’s look at how to find out your page loading speed, identify common … Read more
Some of our Web Peeps are super heroes behind the scenes – seriously! This week we take a moment to share with you the alter ego of Tessa Needham our very own WordPress gal, if you have a WordPress website this is one interview you don’t want to miss… Q: How did you become the … Read more
Let’s be honest. The web world has changed a lot in the past few years.
And I mean a lot.
Even in the past year.
Website designers, developers and marketers are becoming more and more savvy to what web visitors want from a website. Which means that new and updated websites are being created to give visitors the best possible user experience.
Google Analytics is a powerful, powerful tool
I love it because:
- It allows you to see where the visitors to your website are coming from
- It shows you which visitors are coming back
- It gives you the information and insights you need to improve your website
There are three things, however, that annoy me about it. They are:
- It’s hard to add the Google Analytics tracking code to your WordPress site.
- It is tricky to stop Google Analytics from recording your own visits to your own blog.
- Sometimes you just want a quick view of how your blog is doing rather than going through the entire analytics site.
But no longer am I annoyed. I’ve found a plugin – Google Analyticator – which solves all of these problems.