You know how it goes when you’re not feeling 100%; you either put on a brave face and power through, or stay in a dark room with no visitors and hope it passes. Or, the third option is to figure out what’s wrong with you.
The situation with your website is similar. It might look OK but if you don’t recognise the signs that it’s not performing at 100%, there is a possibility that it could go off sick at a moment’s notice.
Try this quick 7 Step Website Health and Wellbeing Check
1. Have you defined clear objectives,so your website knows what it’s meant to be doing?
2. When I see your home page for the first time, is it really obvious what your organisation does and what the website is about? Have you followed the golden rule of web usabilityby not making me think?
3. Do you have an ongoing online marketing plan that includes a variety of activities to increase traffic and enquiries? Activities like Search Engine Optimisation, Search Engine Marketing and Social Media Marketing?
4. Do you have a plan for regularly adding and sharing new web content, for example via a blog, to keep visitors and search engines coming back? This is best implemented if you have access to a Content Management System.
5. Have you identified a clear and prominent action that you want your web visitors to take, such as signing up for your e-newsletter, buying a product or downloading a free ebook? This is called a Call To Action, add an offer to motivate your web visitors to act
7. Do you have a website monitoring system installed so you can access key statistics about how your website is performing?
If the articles at the links don’t give you the information you need to keep your website healthy, please leave a comment below with your questions.